In order to open a mailbox you must provide two forms of identification to complete your USPS Form 1583.
You will need a Primary ID and a Secondary ID to meet USPS requirements. You may pick any two from the list below however at least one must have a photo, and you may not use the same ID for both your primary and secondary requirements.
All identification is subject to verification and Postmarked reserves the right to reject any form of identification at it's sole discretion. A copy of your identification may be retained.
Unacceptable Identification (as determined by USPS):
- Social Security Card
- Credit Card
- Birth Certificate
Types of Acceptable Identification (as determined by USPS):
- Valid Driver's License or State Non-Driver's Identification Card
- Armed Forces identification card
- Government identification card
- University identification card
- Recognized corporate identification card
- Alien Registration Card or Certificate of Naturalization
- Current lease, mortgage, or Deed of Trust
- Voter registration card
- Vehicle registration card
- Home or Vehicle Insurance Policy